Categories and Prizes
- Short Story – Open: 1st $300, 2nd $150
- 100 Word Story – Open: 1st $100, 2nd $75
- Poetry – Open: 1st $150, 2nd $75
- Short Story Youth – Primary School: 1st $60, 2nd $30
- Short Story Youth – High School: 1st $100, 2nd $75
- First Timer 3 prizes of $50
Prizes will be presented on the night of the Fashion & Festival Awards at the Cultural Centre on Saturday 11 September at 7pm. If the event is cancelled due to the social distancing rules, we will notify all entrants of alternative arrangements
All Youth Primary Grades 1-6 receive a participation certificate on the Awards Night.
Open sections $10, Foundation Member $5, Youth Categories free
- Entries close on Friday 20th August.
- All entries, except Youth Categories where it is optional, should address the Festival sub themes of either ‘Bling’, ‘Shine Bright’ or ‘Get Your Sparkle On’
- Short Story – Open to all ages, a maximum of 1,500 words.
- 100 Word Story- the story, NOT including the title, must contain 100 words exactly, not 99 or 101.
- Poetry – a maximum of 300 words.
- First Timer – For adults only who have never entered this or any other competition before. Entries may be in categories 2,3, and 4 as above.
- Short Story Youth – Primary School maximum 500 words.
- Short Story Youth – High School maximum 1000 words.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Entries must contain a Title at the top of each page
- Entries must not contain the Authors Name.
- Entries may be published on www.boonahartsfestival.org.au and printed.
- All entries must be in a Word or text document, double spaced, font: Times New Roman, font size 12.
- All entries must be attached to an email to email@example.com identifying the Competition, Category, and title of the work.
The Ritchies Boonah Arts Festival is about promoting the cultural heart of the community. It gives everyone an opportunity to display their talent in the art, writing, and fashion competitions, or on stage in lively and entertaining shows.
Get involved: onstage, backstage, social media, logistics, clerical, or general help. Make friends and contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of the community. It’s lots of fun.