Ritchies Boonah Arts Festival
Wearable Art Fashion Competition
- Touch of Class: Emphasis is on the art of clothes making. Any fabric may be used. Outfits need to be sewn.
- Revamped: Using second-hand clothing or textile pieces e.g. tablecloths, baby clothes, etc. to make a completely fresh item.
- Wearable Art: – No rules and restrictions in construction and materials except no more than 20% fabric can be used.
- Creative Kids: (Any youth attending school), designed and created with minimal assistance by an adult. Any material.
- All Garments must be able to fit up the stairs to the stage.
- Revamped Entries require a photo of the original article(s) to be attached to an email to email@example.com identifying the piece by Competition, Category, and name of the work in the text.
General categories: 1st $350, 2nd $200
Creative Kids: 1st $100, 2nd $75
First Time Entrant Award for Creative Kids $50
Open Entries $20
Foundation Members $10. Creative Kids entry free
Fashion Entry Conditions
- Entries close 5pm on Friday 19th August 2022.
- An entry can only be entered in ONE category, but designers may have multiple entries per category. A different model is required for each entry.
- Entries do not need to be sewn except for “Touch of Class”. No entry will be judged on its construction.
- Collaborative entries are acceptable. Please list all names on the entry form.
- An accessory item can be entered in any category, models must wear black for all other clothing.
- Models must attend the rehearsal, otherwise the entry may be disqualified.
- Outfits are not required at rehearsal.
- Entries may be refused if deemed unsuitable or inappropriate.
- It is the judges decision to award a prize or not in any category. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants give permission for their work to be photographed for publicity purposes.
- 2nd prize will only be awarded where there are 4 or more entries in the category.
Saturday Afternoon 10 September at the Boonah Cultural Centre
- Touch of Class 1.00 – 1.30 pm
- Revamped 1.30 – 2.00 pm
- Creative Kids 2.00 – 2.30 pm
- Wearable Art 2.30 – 3.00 pm
Prizes will be presented on the night of the Fashion & Festival Awards at the Cultural Centre on Saturday 10 September at 7 pm.
The Ritchies Boonah Arts Festival is about promoting the cultural heart of the community. It gives everyone an opportunity to display their talent in the art, writing, and fashion competitions, or on stage in lively and entertaining shows.
Get involved: onstage, backstage, social media, logistics, clerical, or general help. Make friends and contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of the community. It’s lots of fun.