- Touch of Class: Emphasis is on the art of clothes making. Any fabric may be used. Outfits need to be sewn.
- Revamped: Using second-hand clothing or textile pieces e.g. tablecloths, baby clothes, etc. to make a completely fresh item.
- A photo of the original article/s must be attached with your entry form.
- Fictional Character from literature, film, computer games, etc: Judged on the interpretation of the theme. Any type of fabric.
- Wearable Art: – No rules and restrictions in construction and materials except no more than 20% fabric can be used.
- Garments must be able to fit up the stairs to the stage.
- Creative Kids: Ages 16 years or less, designed and created with minimal assistance by an adult. Any material.
General categories: 1st $350, 2nd $200
Creative Kids: 1st $100, 2nd $75
Open Entries $15, Foundation Members $10, Creative Kids free
Fashion Entry Conditions
- An entry can only be entered in ONE category, but designers may have multiple entries per category. A different model is required for each entry.
- Entries do not need to be sewn except for “Touch of Class”. No entry will be judged on its construction.
- Collaborative entries are acceptable. Please list all names on the entry form.
- An accessory item can be entered in any category, models must wear black for all other clothing.
- Models must attend the rehearsal, otherwise the entry may be disqualified.
- Outfits are not required at rehearsal.
Saturday Afternoon 12 September at the Boonah Cultural Centre
- Creative Kids 12.30 – 1.00 pm
- Touch of Class 1.00 – 1.30 pm
- Revamped 1.30 – 2.00 pm
- Fictional Characters 2.00 – 2.30 pm
- Wearable Art 2.30 – 3.00 pm
Prizes will be presented on the night of the Fashion & Festival Awards at the Cultural Centre on Saturday 12 September at 7 pm.
If social distancing rules prevent the judging on the Fashion & Festival Awards night, the rehearsal times will be the judging times. Therefore, full outfits will need to be presented. Entrants will be notified if this change takes place. Prize winners and the arrangements to present the prizes will be announced here and on social media.
The Ritchies Boonah Arts Festival is about promoting the cultural heart of the community. It gives everyone an opportunity to display their talent in the art, writing, and fashion competitions, or on stage in lively and entertaining shows.
Get involved: onstage, backstage, social media, logistics, clerical, or general help. Make friends and contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of the community. It’s lots of fun.