- Paint: Oil, watercolour and acrylic.
- Works on Paper: Pastels, pencil and ink.
- Mixed Media: More than one medium or material has been used
- 3D: Sculpture, pottery, jewelry, felting and other art forms that are not attached to a board, canvas or paper.
- Youth (High School): Any media of choice.
- Youth (Primary School): Any media of choice.
- First Timer (Over the age of 16) – Any media of choice.
- General categories 1st $500, 2nd $250
- Youth (High School) 1st $100, 2nd $75
- Youth (Primary School) 1st $60, 2nd $30
- People’s Choice $200
- First Timers 3 prizes of $50.
Prizes will be presented on the night of the Fashion & Festival Awards at the Cultural Centre on Saturday 12 September at 7pm.
If the Awards Night is cancelled due to social distancing, we will advise you of the alternative arrangements.
All open entries $15, Foundation Members $10, Youth entries free
Art Entry Conditions
- Entries close on Friday the 14th of August.
- Artwork will be received at the Boonah and District Cultural Centre from 9am – 4pm Tuesday 1 September. Artwork outside this time cannot be accepted.
- Each work must be clearly marked on the back with name of the artist, title of work, category and selling price (if applicable).
- Each Work must be ready for hanging using D hangers or steel wire, except Youth Primary School where paper entries are accepted.
- Artwork must be collected from the Boonah Cultural Centre between 9am – 1pm on Tuesday 15 September.
- It is optional for artwork to be sold.
- People’s Choice Award – Raffle tickets will be sold during the exhibition. Each ticket gets one entry into the People’s Choice Award.
- First Timers – must be over the age of 16, entries cannot have been entered in any other category or competition.
The Ritchies Boonah Arts Festival is about promoting the cultural heart of the community. It gives everyone an opportunity to display their talent in the art, writing, and fashion competitions, or on stage in lively and entertaining shows.
Get involved: onstage, backstage, social media, logistics, clerical, or general help. Make friends and contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of the community. It’s lots of fun.